Saturday, May 29, 2010

Decided leaving SPSN

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Feel BAD about this... but it is a good experience.

Yeah... had been tortured 4 days... I released lastly.

Think back to this 4 days... ya... it was out of my expectation. My reason very simple... got another opportunity and think that this is good for my family in future. That's it!

Well, thing turned out not as simple as I think. Why? Because the big challenge was how to facing my director who is very smart and talented in communication. Yeah, he wants to know what my problem is. Major reason... yes, he agreed. But is that so critical and have to leave at this moment? Why not give ourselves one more year to stay here to think again. I can help to to look for job if you still think that you want to leave. This is the question he was throwing to me. Sorry, boss... I don't like it. I do not need your help in this way. He explained and shared his experience to me about every single reason of my leaving... don't say 'No' so fast... give each other time to think about it and continue talk by tomorrow. I spent a night to think of the answer for this question. Yeah, I managed to 'break' his point. I believe a lot of people walk into his room... 80% of them will agree what he said and think that he is right at that time. Walk out from his room and think again... actually we have some points can argue with him. Even you think that you can argue with him during the conversation... you also will think that better don't go too strong and keep arguing... just let him to be.

The 2nd day, he dated Joshua and Alfonso go for tea. I told Alfonso... this is my matter, ask him no need to bother you again. You can see that, my director can put all his effort to work on my case. Tell you, I never feel that I'm such important. Actually, I understand of his view... he doesn't want people leave. Employee is the main key in one organization. No employee, no organization. He wants to build up his career in PDC in order to let the PDC growing and expand as a top design center in SPSN. Well, he said actually my promotion already in progress... yes, I know it even I talked to my superior. My superior very surprised and told me that I'm will promoted to senior... she is working on it now... this is not because of my leave.... this is the plan already before I tender. I believed... because I can sense it. It may not happen by today... but I believe will be happened in next quarter or this year. He also offered me that he will make my US trip to become a business trip... he can do it easily. Last thing, my pay. I'm not really want to request it. But at that moment, I not yet make up my mind... I said about my pay. Ok, he will work on it. But counter offer is not a healthy thing. Yes, I agree. I also don't like to get something that I wish in this way. If you want to give, you will give me automatically... not I request. I told him there is no guarantee that I will stay if the pay is in what I expected. OK, he accept as long as I sincere.

3rd day, he called me in and said that the pay will be handled by HR director herself. She will talk to me about my pay. I said, no need to work on it anymore. Money is impotant to me but there also has some factor to want me leave. OK, he accept my leave is because of working in same company with spouse. See, he only takes this reason. But, one thing... he wants me to stay 1 or 1 1/2 months and he dislike I gave short notice. I told why I gave short notice... he only nod his head. But who care, as long as he can get what he wants. He want me to talk to my new manager and extend my stay. If I feel difficulty to talk to him, he willing to talk to my new manager by himslef. I know that he will request me for this. It was happened in few of our ex-collougeu. I knows him well. Tell you, I hate it. You know what he said... he said: you don't want to give any trouble or bad impression to your new manager, then I tell you... I will not happy and you give me bad impression. Semiconductor is very small industry. If you want my any help next time... sorry, I won't. I won't take you as my enermy... I just won't help you in future if you needed. See, he threatening me. Tell you, I very hate him to do this way. I'm trying to make anyone happy... no hard feeling for the leaving. I shown my face how unhappy of me. Ok, as long as you happy. I called my new manager and I explained to him... and he willing to talk to my director. Well, I exposed my company that I heading to and contact number to my director lastly. I'm so so so unhappy, you know... this is not the way that I wish to. End up, I called him and asked for the status of my case. He said he not managed to call to my new manager and he just finished attend the meeting. So, I had to wait for tomorrow morning.

Ok... come to last day. It suppose is my last day. He did not come to me about my case in the morning. I saw he switched off the light of his room and walked out... no choice, I called to his mobile phone. I asked him how about it... He said: ohhh... just know I look for you but you are not around... (kanasai, just now you can't see me... you cannot call me when you walk out just now? Shit people)... he will get back me the date after he see his schedule before lunch... I will get back to you once I receive his email... no worry, I got his mobile phone number already. Ok, ok... what I can do. I wait... after few minutes, HR there called me and told me my reporting day will be on 21 June... 3 weeks after. I think... not at least 1 month meh... can see that, my director not really able to extend my stay as what he wish. After few minutes again... director called me and told me the status. I said: OK, as long as you happy. He said: nola... we both also happy in this way.... blah blah blah. OK... lunch time. After I back from lunch... I directly walked to his room and confirm my last day date. Ok... he talk this and that... blah blah blah again. I want him promise me one thing.. he want me to promise him one thing pula... OK OK... close case.

Yeah... I gain an experience in my life. But it was so terrible. My US trip was gone... and actually my new pay is not that higher if add up my promotion and the EIP in spsn. Well, thing already happened... just let it be. Just hope that I will have new happy life in new company eventhough heard that there a lot of peoples are leaving due to the new managment this and that... yes, this thing has been stopped me to leave spsn but I still insist to leave. He almost mess up my life. I even no mood to go back to hometown in the weekend... thing was not in ideal... everything I need to wait for his answer and end up I only got the answer in last day, last minute. My youngest sister is blaming me... I was promised her to go back Ipoh and meet her earlier. I let my family down. Too bad...

Mou Sou Lou, I tell you now: If one day you old until you fall down on the road side, I see it... I won't lend you my hand and help you! You got it?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment