Sunday, May 9, 2010

'VISA' Day

I got my U.S. Visa!

Date: 07 May 2010, Friday
Time: 9:20AM
Venue: U.S. Embassy, Jln Tun Razak, KL

I took the most earlier flight MAS air line to the KL, 6:40AM. First time go to this important appointment, I must study how to go to US Embassy on time in advance. Once arrived to the KLIA, I follow the 'Exit' sign board and got the KLIA Express counter. After that follow the KLIA Express sign board and went to the underground to get the train. The train was took 28 mins to arrive the KL Sentral. After arriving to the KL Sentral, I looked for the Putra LRT counter to go to the Ampang Park. I was lost for a while because I can't find the Putra LRT counter... What I saw is KTM & Rapid KL. Fortunately, I did online and check the route of LRT. I found that thier web site logo is shown Rapid KL. That time I thought Rapid KL is the main company which manage the Putra LRT, Star LRT & Monorail. So, I did not take more care on it. Well, now I just knew 'Putra' does not exist anymore. It was changed to 'Rapid KL'. I would like to take taxi from Ampang Park to US Embassy. I had been refused by 2 taxi drivers who not willing to take me go there. The 3rd taxi driver was knowing me where to go... I haven't finish tell him where to go he already asked me get in. He told me not every driver wanted to go there because if they did not get any customer after I drop me off from there, they have to get a big round to go back to the Ampang Park to get the customer, not worth. I see, I see. My charge should be RM3.40. Well, I paid him RM4. He so thank you me. The journey was short, I can walk there actually.

Well, important part is coming here. Once I arrived to the US Embassy's entrance around 9AM, I saw many peoples were queuing up. A smart guard wearing green uniform was asking me: "Hi lady, what can I help you?". I told him the purpose I came here and he asked me (1st step) show the appointment letter and IC to the person in guard post. They kept my IC and passed me the 'visitor pass'. Well, long queue... I sat down and have my sandwich. At that time, I met Christina Khor here. We were so surprise to see each other here. We wait and wait... waiting at outside of the building or can say that we are waiting at the main road side. Don't know why, they do not build a waiting hall with the toilet. How about if people want to go toilet? How about if raining? They really not considerate.

My interview session was 9:20AM and Christina one was at 10AM. 9:40AM already, I was still waiting at outside. OK, let me make it short.

2nd step:(9:50AM) Scan my bag and pass my HP, charger, car remote control, keys etc to the guard and I will get a number to collect back my stuffs when leave the building.

3rd step: Scan again and take number at the main entrance of the building. Wait in the visitor area.

4th step: Pass my photograph, CEAC Confirmation page copy & original Alliance Bank fee receipt to the counter 1. I went back to the visitor area and wait for my number to call again...

5th step: Fingerprint at counter 9. After that... wait again...

6th step: Interview at counter 3.

Interviewer: Hi, how are you?
Me: Hi. Good. How about you?
Interviewer: Hmmm... good. OK, what is your purpose go to US?
Me: For vacation. Actually my husband is going to US for company business trip.... ( I not yet finished my word)
Interviewer: ohhh... you would like to following him, right?
Me: (I smile)... Yes.
Interviewer: How long will you been there?
Me: Around 1 month.
Interviewer: He is going there for meeting? training?
Me: Meeting and training.
Interviewer: He has his Visa already? had it for some while?
Me: Yes, had it for some while already.
Interviewer: OK. Are you working?
Me: Yes.
Interviewer: Your are working in same company with your husband?
Me: Yes.
Interviewer: ohh... company xxxxx...
Interviewer: How long have you been married?
Me: Hmm... Dec of last year.
Interviewer: ohhh... last year... 2009?
Me: Yes.
Interviewer: ohh... newlywed...
Me: Yes... (smile...)
(some one came to her and asked her some question)
Interviewer: have baby already?
Me: No. Not yet
Interviewer: (pass me one yellow card)... you like to collect by yourself or deliver....
Me: I would like to have courier service.
Interviewer: OK.... xxxxxx
.
.
.
Me: How long for my visa...
Interviewer: 10 years...
Me: THANK YOU! :)

After the interview, it was already 11:40AM. Christina was faster than me even her appointment was in 10AM session.

No comments:

Post a Comment