Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Sakana Sushi Bar & Cruisine

Location: 252, Jalan Penang Georgetown, 10000 Georgetown, Penang

This restaurant located near by the Polis Station at town, starting point of Campbell street, famous Cendol or same row of Eden restaurant... corner unit. You can see it at the Penang road (main road).



Surprisingly... Not much choices...

Sushi plate price from RM2 - RM6

Not much sushi selection...  maybe is weekday. Their 'hand roll' skill is not good as I can see. The taste is normal.

Spicy pepper squid... not bad... some sort like Taiwan famous salty chicken popcorn... portion is not big actually...

Chicken Ramen... the taste is very light. Note that the soup is not in teriyaki taste. The udon is a bit too soft and not so firm for me. I need to add in some chili power to light up my appetite. Rating: 2.5/5

Beef teriyaki set... the rice portion is not big... just good enough. The set meal is come with 1 scoop of ice-cream. Rating: 3/5

Overall, the food taste is not meet my expectation. Sakae Sushi franchise is better than this. The staff there mostly is young people.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I have wrote an in depth review on Sakana Sushi bar in Penang road. This is actually an invited review by the owner Alex. Both of us has spend around 3.5 hour together that talk about the food and all the issue that Sakana has.

    Alex is actually a young entrepreneur from Sarawak that started his business in Penang. He know no body here, that why he face lot of issue during the opening since August'12.

    I have actually tried the tuna sashimi and it taste great. Alex also recommend me the Beef Tataki, it taste excellent. It is a unique dishes there.. highly recommended.

    You can read more about Alex's story in my blog. Alex has spend a lot of time in sakana and lot of improvement has been made. May be you can give it a second try.

    Wong, BestPenangFood.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wong,
    Thanks for your info and comments. I will go and visit this restaurant again and try their beef tataki. Hope it wont disappointed me :)

    ReplyDelete