Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Bangkok City Trip - Day 2

Day 2 - Chatuchak Market & Suan Lum Night Market

This morning I woke up quite early... earlier than what we sat in clock alarm... ~ 6:30am (7:am M'sia Time). We had our 1st day breakfast in our hotel. Breakfast buffet type - local & western.



1st, I had cornflake and orange juice for my 1st round...


Just realized that the salt & pepper container is design in 'one set'... Salt is on TOP, pepper is on BOTTOM...


My 2nd round.... nothing special but taste not bad.


Thai local beer... "CHANG" beer.



Fountain in front of the hotel entrance


We took BTS from Victory Monument Station to Mochit Station... fare: 25 Baht for 1 person. Just a 3 minutes short walk... we reached the market. ~11am... 人潮 not much.


Just had ~20 minutes walk... we already felt so thirsty... we need COCONUT drink!!! 25 Baht ohhh.


Quite a lot of 路边摊...


Lunch Time~!!! We simply looked for the local food restaurant which come with AIR_COND. Really can't stand for it... so hot! We need air-cond rather than food.... haha.


Ice Lemon Tea & Green Tea.
Price: 50 baht each



Again, Tom Yam Kong
Price: forgot
Rating: ** 1/2. Shrimps taste like..hmm... a bit raw.


Fried noodle with vegetable and bamboo shoot on top.
Price: 80 baht
Rating: *** I not use to it this fried noodle. Anyhow, sauce is nice.


Pieapple fried rice
Price: forgot
Rating: ** Smell not good enough. Just so so.


Mango with sticky rice
Price: forgot
Rating: **** I did not try the mango because I don't like to eat mango. But.... the sticky rice is very nice... soft enough... put some coconut milk... yummy!


Here's my food!!! This lunch cost us ~600 baht.
Overall rating for this lunch: ***


Actually I just want to capture the environment. But paiseh, better pretend to take me... :p


Their celling... pasted with old style comic... special.


This is their local ice lolly. Bottles at the side are the liquid with various flavor (coloring) for refilling. It took me few hours to consider see whether want to taste it or not because I feel it is only coloring and not sanitary. Once I make up my mind to try it... it costs me ~50 baht if I not mistaken. I thought just few cents or one buck. Not worth... so I give up to try this. Ha... am I so kiap siap?


Stepped into the Art area. These are the hand paint shoe. Very creative. Peoples behind there were doing their painting on the white shoe. I think ~260 bah per pair.


We like this painting so much. How nice if hanging on the dining area of our new house. I tried to ask for the price. 25000 baht, we shocked! Maybe it worth this price. We just not afford to buy it. Just can say 'Bye Bye'.


After our lunch, we just got the map of this market while walking on the 'main' road. Looked at the map, we just realized that we just 'visited' 1/6 stalls. Goshhh... we tired already... some more the whether was hot. We try to finish one round through the main road and buy what I wanted.

~3.30pm... so much 人潮 already... even hard to walk up to the BTS station. Lastly, I almost spent few hundred riggit in this market. We back to the hotel after finish bought my things... so tired.


It's time go for another round - Suan Lam Night Market. *Piew*... shopping again. This time, we tried to take Tuk-Tuk. No more energy to walk to the BTS station already. From hotel (Victory Monument Station) to Suan Lam Market (Lumphini Station) cost us 150 baht. We don't know this is reasonable or not (actually it is damn expensive after found out). Just took it. Fast and furious!


There had the single show while we looking for food. The stage is big and the audio system is good... can fight with the international concert (sound like a bit over :p)... A lot peoples...


All peoples watching the show... not many people ordering the food. Good! not so crowded... can take our time to see what we want to eat. Lastly, we ordered Thai food, again. After ordered, we need to go to counter to buy the coupon. Total price for this dinner: 340 baht.


Guava ice blended & coconut ice blended ( I think)
Price: 40 baht each


Thai spring roll
Rating: ***1/2


Kangkung
Rating: **


Can't be lacked, tom yam gong.
Rating: ***


Green curry chicken
Rating: ** Taste not strong enough.

Overall rating for this dinner: ** 1/2


Suan Lum 'look'


Suan Lum in mandarin call 是乐园


Nice entrance in Suan Lum Night Market. Go shopping!!! Weather is nice... shopping at night... especially open air... is better than shopping under the hot sun. I spent almost few hundred again at here....

~ 10pm, it's time to go back to rest luuuu... lazy take BTS and walk... take tuk-tuk again... fare: 150 baht again. Total tuk-tuk fare today was 300 baht... expensive actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment