Monday, December 6, 2010

Portuguese Egg Tart Making

******************************************
Date: 05 Dec 2010, Sunday

Result: FAIL

Bought all the stuff from Tesco. Actually not so many... for egg tart making. Just a simple stuffs needed. Here is it...


For Puff Pastry->
250g plain flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 30g butter, 130ml water, 120g pastry margarine ( I can't get it from Hypermarket, so I decided not to put it... but it is WRONG!)

For the Filling->
250ml fresh milk, 80g caster sugar, 200ml UHT whipping cream, 1 tsp vanilla essence, 4 whole eggs (B), 2 eggs yolks (B).


These are my puff pastry which without putting pastry margarine.
The step to make this puff pastry is quite troublesome: roll->fold->wait... repeated few time.


Filled with the filling...


Alright... let put it into oven in 190'C for 30mins...


Here it is.... looks good? isn't it?


But...


The puff is in half raw...!!!


and... it is not a puff pastry!!!


Why? because i did not put pastry margarine... now I know it is an important ingredient in this recipe...


Technically, this is what Portuguese Egg Tart looks like...



Not this....
Gosh... actually I got 12 pcs.... how do I manage it?
The reason I failed is no pastry margarine and put wrong direction of the heat so made the puff in raw.


The filling is nice actually...

OK, let's get another try NEXT TIME....

No comments:

Post a Comment